Pronunciation: (bi-thingk'), [key]
—v., -thought, -think•ing.
1. to think; consider (used reflexively): He bethought himself a moment.
2. to remind (oneself): to bethink oneself of family obligations.
3. to remember; recall (used reflexively): She lives in the past now, bethinking herself of happier days.
4. to determine; resolve: Under the circumstances I could not otherwise bethink me.
5. Archaic.to bear in mind; remember.
Archaic.to consider; meditate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.