1. one of any of various breeds of dogs trained to hunt or retrieve birds.
2. Informal.a person hired to locate special items or people, esp. a talent scout who seeks out promising athletes.
3. Slang.a person who steals another person's date.
Pronunciation: (bûrd'dôg", -dog"), [key]
—v., -dogged, -dog•ging.
1. to follow, watch carefully, or investigate.
2. to seek out.
1. Informal.to follow or watch carefully.
2. Slang.to steal or attempt to steal another person's date.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.