1. Anat.a small area on the retina that is insensitive to light due to the interruption, where the optic nerve joins the retina, of the normal pattern of light-sensitive rods and cones. See diag. under eye.
2. an area or subject about which one is uninformed, prejudiced, or unappreciative: I confess that operettas are my blind spot.
3. Radio.an area in which signals are weak and their reception poor.
4. Also called dead spot. any part of an auditorium, arena, or the like, in which a person is unable to see or hear satisfactorily.
5. an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rearview mirror.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.