Pronunciation: (brOOs), [key]
1. Blanche Kelso, 1841–98, U.S. politician: first black to serve a full term as U.S. senator 1875–81.
2. Sir David, 1855–1931, Australian physician.
3. Lenny (Leonard Schneider), 1926–66, U.S. comedian.
4. Robert. See Robert I (def. 2).
5. Stanley Melbourne (1st Viscount Bruce of Melbourne), 1883–1967, Australian statesman: prime minister 1923–29.
6. a male given name: from a Norman family name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.