Pronunciation: (chô'ku-lit, chok'u-, chôk'lit, chok'-), [key]
1. a preparation of the seeds of cacao, roasted, husked, and ground, often sweetened and flavored, as with vanilla.
2. a beverage made by dissolving such a preparation in milk or water, served hot or cold: a cup of hot chocolate.
3. candy made from such a preparation.
4. an individual piece of this candy.
5. any syrup or flavoring made from this preparation or artificially imitating its flavor.
6. a dark brown color.
1. made, flavored, or covered with chocolate: chocolate cake; chocolate ice cream.
2. having the color of chocolate; dark-brown.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.