Pronunciation: (kris"chē-an'i-tē), [key]
1. the Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox churches.
2. Christian beliefs or practices; Christian quality or character: Christianity mixed with pagan elements; the Christianity of Augustine's thought.
3. a particular Christian religious system: She followed fundamentalist Christianity.
4. the state of being a Christian.
6. conformity to the Christian religion or to its beliefs or practices.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.