Pronunciation: (sûr"kum-skrip'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/circumscription.html on line 79 [key]
1. an act or instance of circumscribing.
2. circumscribed state; limitation.
3. anything that circumscribes, surrounds, or encloses; boundary.
4. periphery; outline.
5. a circumscribed area.
6. a circular inscription on a coin, seal, etc.
7. limitation of a meaning; definition.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.