Pronunciation: (kob'web"), [key]
—n., v., -webbed, -web•bing.
1. a web spun by a spider to entrap its prey.
2. a single thread spun by a spider.
3. something resembling a cobweb; anything finespun, flimsy, or insubstantial.
4. a network of plot or intrigue; an insidious snare.
5. cobwebs,confusion, indistinctness, or lack of order: I'm so tired my head is full of cobwebs.
1. to cover with or as with cobwebs: Spiders cobwebbed the cellar.
2. to confuse or muddle: Drunkenness cobwebbed his mind.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.