Pronunciation: (koi'nij), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/coinage.html on line 71 [key]
1. the act, process, or right of making coins.
2. the categories, types, or quantity of coins issued by a nation.
3. coins collectively; currency.
4. the act or process of inventing words; neologizing.
5. an invented or newly created word or phrase: “Ecdysiast” is a coinage of H. L. Mencken.
6. anything made, invented, or fabricated.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.