Pronunciation: (kom'ik), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or characterized by comedy: comic opera.
2. of or pertaining to a person who acts in or writes comedy: a comic actor; a comic dramatist.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of comedy: comic situations; a comic sense.
4. provoking laughter; humorous; funny; laughable.
1. a comedian.
2. See comic book.
3. comics,comic strips.
4. the comic,the element or quality of comedy in literature, art, drama, etc.: An appreciation of the comic came naturally to her.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.