Pronunciation: (kon'klāv, kong'-), [key]
1. a private or secret meeting.
2. an assembly or gathering, esp. one that has special authority, power, or influence: a conclave of political leaders.
3. the assembly or meeting of the cardinals for the election of a pope.
4. the body of cardinals; the College of Cardinals.
5. the place in which the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church meet in private for the election of a pope.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.