Pronunciation: (kun-fôr'mi-tē), [key]
1. action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
2. correspondence in form, nature, or character; agreement, congruity, or accordance.
3. compliance or acquiescence; obedience.
4. (often cap.) compliance with the usages of an established church, esp. the Church of England.
5. Geol.the relationship between adjacent conformable strata. Cf. unconformity (def. 2a).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.