—n., adj.kun-glom'ur-it, kung-;
—v.kun-glom'u-rāt", kung-), [key]
—n., adj., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
1. anything composed of heterogeneous materials or elements.
2. a corporation consisting of a number of subsidiary companies or divisions in a variety of unrelated industries, usually as a result of merger or acquisition.
3. Geol.a rock consisting of pebbles or the like embedded in a finer cementing material; consolidated gravel.
1. gathered into a rounded mass; consisting of parts so gathered; clustered.
2. consisting of heterogeneous parts or elements.
3. of or pertaining to a corporate conglomerate.
4. Geol.of the nature of a conglomerate.
1. to bring together into a cohering mass.
2. to gather into a ball or rounded mass.
1. to collect or cluster together.
2. (of a company) to become part of or merge with a conglomerate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.