Pronunciation: (kun-vēn'yuns), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/convenience.html on line 75 [key]
1. the quality of being convenient; suitability.
2. anything that saves or simplifies work, adds to one's ease or comfort, etc., as an appliance, utensil, or the like.
3. a convenient situation or time: at your convenience.
4. advantage or accommodation: a shelter for the convenience of travelers.
5. Chiefly Brit.See water closet (def. 1).
easy to obtain, use, or reach; made for convenience: convenience utensils that can be discarded after use.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.