Pronunciation: (ku-rel'u-tiv), [key]
1. so related that each implies or complements the other.
2. being in correlation; mutually related.
3. Gram.answering to or complementing one another and regularly used in association, as either and or, not only and but.
4. Biol.(of a typical structure of an organism) found in correlation with another.
1. either of two things, as two terms, that are correlative.
2. Gram.a correlative expression. Also, esp. Brit.,corelative.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.