Pronunciation: (kôr"u-spon'dunt, kor"-), [key]
1. a person who communicates by letters.
2. a person employed by a news agency, periodical, television network, etc., to gather, report, or contribute news, articles, and the like regularly from a distant place.
3. a person who contributes a letter or letters to a newspaper, magazine, etc.
4. a person or firm that has regular business relations with another, esp. at a distance.
5. a thing that corresponds to something else.
consistent, similar, or analogous; corresponding.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.