Pronunciation: (kôr"u-spon'ding, kor"-), [key]
1. identical in all essentials or respects: corresponding fingerprints.
2. similar in position, purpose, form, etc.: corresponding officials in two states.
3. associated in a working or other relationship: a bolt and its corresponding nut.
4. dealing with correspondence: a corresponding secretary.
5. employing the mails as a means of association: a corresponding member of a club.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.