Pronunciation: (krop'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/cropper.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person or thing that crops.
2. a person who raises a crop.
3. a person who cultivates land for its owner in return for part of the crop; sharecropper.
4. a plant that furnishes a crop.
5. a cloth-shearing machine.
6. come a cropper, Informal.
a. to fail; be struck by some misfortune: His big deal came a cropper.
b. to fall headlong, esp. from a horse.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.