Pronunciation: (du; It.dä; Port. du, dä), [key]
from; of (used in Italian and Portuguese personal names, originally to indicate place of origin): Lorenzo da Ponte; Vasco da Gama. Also,Da.
Pronunciation: (dä), [key]
—adv., n. Russian.
1. Department of Agriculture.
2. Dictionary of Americanisms.
Pronunciation: (dē'ā'), [key]
—pl. DAs, DA's.
a male hairstyle, esp. of the 1950s, in which the hair is slicked back on both sides to overlap at the back of the head.
(in Algeria) dinar; dinars.
2. day; days.
1. (sometimes l.c.) days after acceptance.
2. deposit account.
3. documents against acceptance.
4. documents for acceptance.
1. delayed action.
2. direct action.
3. District Attorney.
4. documents against acceptance.
5. documents for acceptance.
6. doesn't answer; don't answer.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.