Pronunciation: (damd), [key]
—adj., superl. damned•est, damnd•est,
1. condemned or doomed, esp. to eternal punishment: the wailing of damned souls.
2. detestable; loathsome: Get that damned dog out of here!
3. complete; absolute; utter: a damned nuisance; a damned fool.
4. Informal.extraordinary; amazing: It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen.
the damned,those condemned to suffer eternal punishment.
1. extremely; very; absolutely: a damned good singer; too damned lazy.
2. damned well, Informal.certainly or without doubt; emphatically: You damned well better say you're sorry! Also,damn well.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.