Pronunciation: (dē'lur), [key]
1. a person who buys and sells articles without altering their condition; trader or merchant, esp. a wholesaler: I got a dealer's discount on this coat.
2. Cards.the player distributing the cards.
3. a person who behaves or acts toward another or others in a specified manner: a plain dealer.
4. Slang.a person who buys and sells drugs illegally.
5. a person who buys securities for his or her account and retains them until sold to another. Cf. stockbroker.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.