Pronunciation: (dē'sunt), [key]
1. conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., as in behavior or speech.
2. respectable; worthy: a decent family.
3. adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.
4. kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.
5. suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.
6. of fairly attractive appearance: a decent face.
7. Informal.wearing enough clothing to appear in public.
8. Slang.great; wonderful.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.