Pronunciation: (di-liv'u-rē), [key]
1. the carrying and turning over of letters, goods, etc., to a designated recipient or recipients.
2. a giving up or handing over; surrender.
3. the utterance or enunciation of words.
4. vocal and bodily behavior during the presentation of a speech: a speaker's fine delivery.
5. the act or manner of giving or sending forth: the pitcher's fine delivery of the ball.
6. the state of being delivered of or giving birth to a child; parturition.
7. something delivered: The delivery is late today.
8. Com.a shipment of goods from the seller to the buyer.
9. Law.a formal act performed to make a transfer of property legally effective: a delivery of deed.
10. Print.Also called deliv'ery end". the part of a printing press where the paper emerges in printed form.
11. Archaic.release or rescue; liberation; deliverance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.