Pronunciation: (dem'un-strā"tur), [key]
1. a person or thing that demonstrates.
2. Also,demonstrant.a person who takes part in a public demonstration, as by marching or picketing.
3. a person who explains orteaches by practical demonstrations.
4. a person who exhibits the use and application of (a product, service, etc.) to a prospective customer.
5. the product, device, machine, etc., actually used in demonstrations to purchasers or prospective customers: They sold the demonstrator at half price.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.