Pronunciation: (dûr'wunt), [key]
1. a river flowing N and W into Solway Firth, in N England. ab. 33 mi. (53 km) long.
2. a river flowing S and SE past Derby to the Trent, in central England. ab. 60 mi. (95 km) long.
3. a river flowing into the Ouse, in Yorkshire in NE England. ab. 57 mi. (91 km) long.
4. a river flowing NE to the Tyne, in N England. ab. 30 mi. (48 km) long.
5. a river in S Australia, in S Tasmania, flowing SE to the Tasman Sea. 107 mi. (170 km) long.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.