—n.dis-mount', dis'mount"), [key]
to get off or alight from a horse, bicycle, etc.
1. to bring or throw down, as from a horse; unhorse; throw: The horse twisted and bucked and finally dismounted its rider.
2. to remove (a thing) from its mounting, support, setting, etc.: to dismount a picture.
3. to take (a mechanism) to pieces.
1. an act or process of dismounting.
2. Gymnastics.a move by which a gymnast gets off an apparatus or finishes a floor exercise, usually landing upright on the feet.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.