Pronunciation: (du-min'yun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/dominion.html on line 75 [key]
1. the power or right of governing and controlling; sovereign authority.
2. rule; control; domination.
3. a territory, usually of considerable size, in which a single rulership holds sway.
4. lands or domains subject to sovereignty or control.
5. Govt.a territory constituting a self-governing commonwealth and being one of a number of such territories united in a community of nations, or empire: formerly applied to self-governing divisions of the British Empire, as Canada and New Zealand.
6. dominions, Theol.domination (def. 3).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.