Pronunciation: (dOOm), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/doom.html on line 75 [key]
1. fate or destiny, esp. adverse fate; unavoidable ill fortune: In exile and poverty, he met his doom.
2. ruin; death: to fall to one's doom.
3. a judgment, decision, or sentence, esp. an unfavorable one: The judge pronounced the defendant's doom.
4. the Last Judgment, at the end of the world.
5. Obs.a statute, enactment, or legal judgment.
1. to destine, esp. to an adverse fate.
2. to pronounce judgment against; condemn.
3. to ordain or fix as a sentence or fate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.