—n.doun'hil"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/downhill.html on line 75 [key]
1. down the slope of a hill; downward.
2. into a worse or inferior condition: The business has been going downhill.
1. going or tending downward on or as on a hill.
2. free of problems or obstacles; easy: After the initial setbacks on the project, it was downhill all the way.
3. of or pertaining to skiing downhill.
a timed ski race on a steep slope in which competitors take the most direct route to the finish line following a course with relatively few turns and attaining very high speeds. Cf. slalom.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.