Pronunciation: (el"u-men'tu-rē, -trē), [key]
1. pertaining to or dealing with elements, rudiments, or first principles: an elementary grammar.
2. of or pertaining to an elementary school: elementary teachers.
3. of the nature of an ultimate constituent; simple or uncompounded.
4. pertaining to the four elements, earth, water, air, and fire, or to the great forces of nature; elemental.
5. Chem.of or noting one or more elements.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.