Pronunciation: (eg"zôl-tā'shun, ek"sôl-), [key]
1. the act of exalting.
2. the state of being exalted.
3. elation of mind or feeling, sometimes abnormal or morbid in character; rapture: mystical exaltation; euphoric exaltation.
4. Chiefly Brit.a flight of larks.
5. Astrol.the sign of the zodiac in which the most positive influence of a planet is expressed (opposed to fall).
6. Chem.(formerly) the process of subliming.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.