Pronunciation: (ig-zam"u-nā'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/examination.html on line 77 [key]
1. the act of examining; inspection; inquiry; investigation.
2. the state of being examined.
3. the act or process of testing pupils, candidates, etc., as by questions.
4. the test itself; the list of questions asked.
5. the answers, statements, etc., made by one examined.
6. Law.formal interrogation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.