Pronunciation: (ek"su-bish'un), [key]
1. an exhibiting, showing, or presenting to view.
2. a public display, as of the work of artists or artisans, the products of farms or factories, the skills of performers, or objects of general interest.
3. an exposition or large fair of extended duration, as a world's fair.
4. Brit.an allowance given to a student in a college, university, or school, usually upon the result of a competitive examination.
5. Med. Obs.administration, as of a remedy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.