Pronunciation: (ig-zot'ik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/exotic.html on line 75 [key]
1. of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants.
2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.
3. of a uniquely new or experimental nature: exotic weapons.
4. of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured.
1. something that is exotic: The flower show included several tropical exotics with showy blooms.
2. an exotic dancer; stripper.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.