Pronunciation: (fīv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/five.html on line 71 [key]
1. a cardinal number, four plus one.
2. a symbol for this number, as 5 or V.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with five pips.
5. Informal.a five-dollar bill: Can you give me two fives for a ten?
6. take five, Informal.to take a brief respite.
amounting to five in number.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.