Pronunciation: (frô'stē, fros'tē), [key]
—adj., frost•i•er, frost•i•est.
1. characterized by or producing frost; freezing; very cold: frosty weather.
2. consisting of or covered with a frost: frosty designs on the windows; an avenue of frosty trees.
3. lacking warmth of feeling; unfriendly: Their frosty greeting puzzled us.
4. resembling frost; white or gray: a wedding dress of frosty satin.
5. of or characteristic of old age: a frosty brow.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.