Pronunciation: (fûr'&thslash;ur), [key]
—compar. adv. and adj. of far with superl. fur•thest,
1. at or to a greater distance; farther: I'm too tired to go further.
2. at or to a more advanced point; to a greater extent: Let's not discuss it further.
3. in addition; moreover: Further, he should be here any minute.
1. more distant or remote; farther: The map shows it to be further than I thought.
2. more extended: Does this mean a further delay?
3. additional; more: Further meetings seem pointless.
to help forward (a work, undertaking, cause, etc.); promote; advance; forward: You can always count on him to further his own interests.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.