Pronunciation: (fus), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/fuss.html on line 73 [key]
1. an excessive display of anxious attention or activity; needless or useless bustle: They made a fuss over the new baby.
2. an argument or noisy dispute: They had a fuss about who should wash dishes.
3. a complaint or protest, esp. about something relatively unimportant.
1. to make a fuss; make much ado about trifles: You'll never finish the job if you fuss over details.
2. to complain esp. about something relatively unimportant.
to disturb, esp. with trifles; annoy; bother.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.