Pronunciation: ( jôrj'toun"), [key]
1. Also,George' Town".a seaport in and the capital of the state of Penang, in NW Malaysia. 250,578.
2. a seaport in and the capital of Guyana, at the mouth of the Demerara. 182,000.
3. a residential section in the District of Columbia.
4. a town in N Kentucky. 10,972.
5. a city in E South Carolina. 10,144.
6. a town in and the capital of the Cayman Islands, West Indies, on Grand Cayman. 3975.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.