Pronunciation: (gos'u-mur), [key]
1. a fine, filmy cobweb seen on grass or bushes or floating in the air in calm weather, esp. in autumn.
2. a thread or a web of this substance.
3. an extremely delicate variety of gauze, used esp. for veils.
4. any thin, light fabric.
5. something extremely light, flimsy, or delicate.
6. a thin, waterproof outer garment, esp. for women.
Also,gos•sa•mer•yPronunciation: (gos'u-mu-rē), [key] gos'sa•mered. of or like gossamer; thin and light.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.