Pronunciation: (gun'ur), [key]
1. a person who operates a gun or cannon.
2. Army.an occupational title in the artillery.
3. Navy.a person skilled in handling ammunition and gunnery equipment.
4. Marine Corps.a warrant officer who may be given any one of a number of assignments.
a. Mil.a private in the artillery.
b. Informal.any officer or enlisted person assigned to the artillery.
6. a person who hunts with a gun.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.