Pronunciation: (gush), [key]
1. to flow out or issue suddenly, copiously, or forcibly, as a fluid from confinement: Water gushed from the broken pipe.
2. to express oneself extravagantly or emotionally; talk effusively: She gushed with pride over her new grandchild.
3. to have a sudden, copious flow, as of blood or tears.
to emit suddenly, forcibly, or copiously.
1. a sudden, copious outflow of a fluid.
2. the fluid emitted.
3. effusive and often insincere language or behavior.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.