Pronunciation: (hē; unstressed ē), [key]
—pron., nom. he, poss. his, obj. him;
—pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
—n., pl. hes;
1. the male person or animal being discussed or last mentioned; that male.
2. anyone (without reference to sex); that person: He who hesitates is lost.
any male person or animal; a man: hes and shes.
male (usually used in combination): a he-goat.
Pronunciation: (hā), [key]
1. the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
2. any of the sounds represented by this letter. Also,heh.
1. high explosive.
2. His Eminence.
3. His Excellency; Her Excellency.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.