Pronunciation: (hop'kinz), [key]
1. Anthony, born 1937, English actor, born in Wales.
2. Sir Frederick Gow•land Pronunciation: (gou'lund), [key] 1861–1947, English physician and biochemist: Nobel prize for medicine 1929.
3. Gerard Man•ley Pronunciation: (man'lē), [key] 1844–89, English poet.
4. Harry Lloyd, 1890–1946, U.S. government administrator and social worker.
5. Johns, 1795–1873, U.S. financier and philanthropist.
6. Mark, 1802–87, U.S. clergyman and educator.
7. a city in SE Minnesota. 15,336.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.