Pronunciation: (huf), [key]
a mood of sulking anger; a fit of resentment: Just because you disagree, don't walk off in a huff.
1. to give offense to; make angry.
2. to treat with arrogance or contempt; bluster at; hector or bully.
3. Checkers.to remove (a piece) from the board as a penalty for failing to make a compulsory capture.
1. to take offense; speak indignantly.
2. to puff or blow; breathe heavily.
3. to swell with pride or arrogance; swagger or bluster.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.