Pronunciation: (hulk), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/hulk.html on line 71 [key]
1. the body of an old or dismantled ship.
2. a ship specially built to serve as a storehouse, prison, etc., and not for sea service.
3. a clumsy-looking or unwieldy ship or boat.
4. a bulky or unwieldy person, object, or mass.
5. the shell of a wrecked, burned-out, or abandoned vehicle, building, or the like.
1. to loom in bulky form; appear as a large, massive bulk (often fol. by up): The bus hulked up suddenly over the crest of the hill.
2. Brit. Dial.to lounge, slouch, or move in a heavy, loutish manner.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.