Pronunciation: (i-maj'in), [key]
—v., -ined, -in•ing.
1. to form a mental image of (something not actually present to the senses).
2. to think, believe, or fancy: He imagined the house was haunted.
3. to assume; suppose: I imagine they'll be here soon.
4. to conjecture; guess: I cannot imagine what you mean.
5. Archaic.to plan, scheme, or plot.
1. to form mental images of things not present to the senses; use the imagination.
2. to suppose; think; conjecture.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.