Pronunciation: (im-pos'u-bul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/impossible.html on line 79 [key]
1. not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
2. unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.: an impossible assignment.
3. incapable of being true, as a rumor.
4. not to be done, endured, etc., with any degree of reason or propriety: an impossible situation.
5. utterly impracticable: an impossible plan.
6. hopelessly unsuitable, difficult, or objectionable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.