Pronunciation: (in'kum"ing), [key]
1. coming in; arriving: the incoming tide.
2. newly arrived or received: incoming mail; incoming orders.
3. succeeding, as an officeholder: the incoming mayor.
4. accruing, as profit.
5. entering, beginning, etc.: all incoming students.
6. Chiefly Brit.immigrant.
1. the act of coming in; arrival; advent: the incoming of spring.
2. Usually, incomings. funds received; revenue.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.