Pronunciation: (in-kon'si-kwent", -kwunt), [key]
1. characterized by lack of proper sequence in thought, speech, or action.
2. characterized by lack of logical sequence; illogical; inconsecutive: inconsequent reasoning.
3. irrelevant: an inconsequent remark.
4. not following from the premises: an inconsequent deduction.
5. not in keeping with the general character or design; inconsistent: inconsequent ornamentation.
6. without worth or consequence; trivial: a frivolous, inconsequent young man.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.